How To Clear Instagram Cache?March 4, 2023
Knowing how to clear Instagram cache is essential when Instagram slows down all of sudden. The Instagram cache can be incredibly huge! The app uploads over 1,000 photos every second. So, if you are wondering how to clear cache on Instagram, you’ve arrived at the right place. This post will help you to clear all Instagram cache from Android, iOS as well as laptops. It will give you a helping hand to speed up your device and Instagram app. Without wasting one more minute, let us check out how to clear Instagram cache more in detail.
How To Clear Instagram Cache?
As Instagram is available in both desktop and mobile versions, you can learn how to clear Instagram cache in three ways.
- Clear Instagram Cache On iPhone
- Clear Instagram Cache On Android
- Clear Instagram Cache On Computer/Laptop
Any app that displays images mostly has a cache. It stores data about the pictures that can grow incredibly large over time. You can keep on reading to know how to get rid of Instagram cookies in different ways.
Click here – How To Clear Formatting In Word?
Clear Instagram Cache On iPhone
If you are an iPhone user, follow these steps to learn how to clear Instagram cache on iPhone.
- Locate the Instagram app on your Home screen first.
- Tap and hold your finger on the app for a couple of seconds.
- A menu will be displayed, while other apps start to jingle.
- Tap on the minus sign located at the top-left corner of the icon.
- Tap on confirm option to delete the app.
- Once done, re-install the app from the App Store.
Thus, you won’t be losing any important files you have downloaded during this process. You can follow the same steps for how to clear Instagram cache on iPhone 11 and iPhone 13. But you must make sure you disable the iCloud backup to avoid restoring the app.
Let us now check out how to clear Instagram cache without deleting the app.
Clear Instagram Cache On Android
Android users, you don’t have to delete the Instagram app like iOS. You can follow these steps to learn how to clear Instagram cache on Android.
- Launch the Settings app on your Android mobile phone.
- Scroll down and tap on the Apps option from the list.
- Then, tap on the Other Apps option.
- A list of apps installed on your phone will be displayed.
- Now, tap on the Instagram icon.
- Next, tap on Storage.
- Tap on the option Clear Cache.
Once done, you will notice that the total amount of Cache drops down to 0 bytes. The only drawback of this method is that you might lose any downloaded images or videos when you clear the cache.
Clear Instagram Cache On Computer/Laptop
Instagram is also available in the desktop version. You can follow these steps to learn how to clear Instagram cache on laptop.
- Open Instagram’s website on any web browser.
- Login by using your Instagram user ID and password.
- From your profile, open the Privacy and Security tab.
- Then, click on the View account data option from the list.
- Now, select the View all option under Search History.
- Next, click on the Clear search history option.
- Click on the “Yes, I’m sure” button to start the action.
Thus, all the unwanted Instagram cache will now be erased from your desktop too. Always remember that erasing your Instagram cache doesn’t guarantee that it will work better.
You will get to know more about similar topics like these on Clearchit.
What Happens If I Clear Instagram Cache?
Clearing the Instagram cache will delete all of the images and videos downloaded to your phone. In other words, clearing the cache will not affect your saved settings. Thus, save your desired photos and videos before following the instructions on how to clear Instagram cache.
Is Instagram Cache Important?
It is not necessary to clear the Instagram cache on your iPhone or your Android device. Cache on Instagram is an essential factor that improves the Instagram experience. Once you load any photo or post on Instagram, the app will save them in the device cache.
Does Clearing Instagram Cache Delete Messages?
Now when you clear the cache for the app, it only removes those temporary files, without affecting any of your personal data such as messages, pictures, accounts, files, etc. Generally, Android manages the cached data on its own.
How Do You Free Up Storage On Instagram?
- Tap ‘Settings’ on your Instagram’s profile.
- Tap ‘Security’
- Tap ‘Clear Search History (for iPhone) or ‘Search History’ (for Android)
- Tap ‘Clear All’.
- That’s it!
What Is An Instagram Cache?
The cache stores data about the pictures so they can load faster in the future. So as you might expect, Instagram’s cache can grow incredibly large over time. And if your phone is running low on space, this can make Instagram a data hog. Luckily, you can clear Instagram’s cache on both iPhone and Android.
Click here – How To Clear iCloud Storage?
Will Anything Happen If I Clear Cache?
Tip: Clearing the cache simply clears temporary files. It won’t erase login credentials, downloaded files, or custom settings.
How Do I Clear My Instagram Cache On My Iphone?
Method 1: Directly Clear Instagram App Cache on iPhone
- Step 1 Launch Instagram app on your iPhone.
- Step 2 Click on the Profile icon at the bottom.
- Step 3 Now click on Settings icon at the top right corner.
- Step 4 Tap Security, find the “Clear Search History” and click on it.
- Step 5 Tap Clear All > Clear All.
By reading my above post, you’ve learned how to clear your Instagram cache to improve your experience with the app. The Instagram cache mostly contains stored files or information that may be taking up your device’s space. Once all the cache is erased, your Instagram app will start functioning normally. Deleting the Instagram cache on Android devices is just like deleting messages. But while deleting the Instagram cache on Android devices, you have to save the downloaded images or videos. You can now easily get rid of unwanted Instagram data from your device by understanding how to clear Instagram cache.
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit ListyTop
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit Longests
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit MainAdvantages
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit MeaningInHindiOf
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit MesBrand