How To Clear iCloud Storage?February 22, 2023
Being an Apple user, it is crucial to know how to clear iCloud storage. While purchasing any Apple device, Apple gives 5GB of storage free with Apple ID. But iCloud storage can fill up quickly with images, videos, and other files before you know it! In today’s post, I will teach you how to clear iCloud storage using different Apple devices. Clearing iCloud storage basically frees up space without paying for extra storage. Here, I’ve given different ways to clear up your iCloud storage. Without wasting much time, keep on reading further to check out how to clear iCloud storage.
How To Clear iCloud Storage?
In this section, I will explain how to clear iCloud storage in detail. Apple’s iCloud storage is a lifesaver but can run out of space in no time! Most iOS users choose to upgrade their iCloud storage plan. Instead of doing this, it is cheaper to clear out space in your iCloud account.
Follow these steps to know how to clear iCloud storage on iPhone.
- On your iOS device, launch the Files app first.
- Navigate to the bottom of the screen to choose Browse.
- Head towards the Locations section and select iCloud Drive.
- From the top right corner, tap on Select.
- Scroll down to select the folder you want to delete.
- Once you are done, tap on the Delete icon.
When it comes to how to clear iCloud storage on iPhone 11, you can follow the same procedure again. You can also select one folder and select each file you want to delete from it.
Keep on reading further to find out how to clear up iCloud storage on iPad.
Clear iCloud Storage On iPad
Now, you must be wondering how to clear iCloud storage on iPad. A lot of storage space can be saved by not backing up your apps. You can follow these steps to delete app backups from iCloud on your iPad.
- Start by launching the iPad’s Settings app.
- Tap on your account name and select iCloud.
- Then, choose Manage Storage from the next screen.
- Tap on Backups to view the list of Apple devices being backed up to iCloud.
- Scroll down to select the device you are currently using.
- Navigate to the Choose Data to Back Up section.
- A list of apps that take up the most space on iCloud will appear.
- Turn off the backup feature for any of these apps.
You can repeat this process again for any other Apple device to turn off the backup feature.
You can even delete voice memos from iCloud when it comes to how to clear out iCloud storage on iPad/iPhone. For this, open the Voice Memos app >> Swipe a voice memo to the left >> tap on the Delete icon. Then, select Recently Deleted >> choose Delete to remove the voice memo permanently.
Similarly, you can also delete messages on your iOS device.
Click here – How To Clear Instagram Cache?
Clear iCloud Storage On Mac
Even Mac users can clear their iCloud storage to free some space for new files. Follow these steps to learn how to clear iCloud storage on Mac.
- Open the Finder on your Mac device.
- Using Finder, go to the iCloud Drive folder.
- Now, select and drag an item to the Trash.
- Then, open Trash and right-click the file you recently moved to this folder.
- From the pop-up menu, select Delete.
- Again, click on Delete to confirm.
You can even manage your iCloud Drive files via Windows PC. In a browser, open iCloud.com >> log in with your Apple ID >> click on iCloud Drive. Here, you can delete the entire folder or delete files from the folder.
Delete Photos From iCloud Storage
To keep all of your photos up to date, your Apple device uses your iCloud storage. You can easily make more space in iCloud by deleting photos that you no longer need. Follow these steps to know how to delete photos from iCloud storage.
- First, open up the Photos app on your iOS device.
- From the bottom of your screen, tap on Library.
- Tap on All Photos and then tap on Select.
- Scroll down to choose one or more photos that you want to delete.
- Now, tap on the Delete icon and then choose Delete Photo/Photos.
You can even delete photos on your macOS device. Simply open the Photos app >> select the photos you want to delete >> hit the delete button >> click Delete to confirm.
You will get to know more about similar topics like these on Clearchit.
Why Is My Icloud Storage Full After Deleting Photos?
If you’re seeing an “Insufficient storage available” message on your Android, chances are that you’ve used up most of your device’s available memory. To fix this, you’ll need to make some space by deleting apps and/or media; you can also add external storage, such as a Micro SD card, to your phone.
How Do I Delete Photos From Icloud Storage?
To delete a photo or photos from iCloud, log in on iCloud.com, and go to Photos. Then, simply select all photos and press the trash icon. This is the same as using Photos on iPhone or Mac; you’ll need to go to your Recently Deleted folder to permanently delete everything.
How Do I See What’s In My Icloud Storage?
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud. The bar graph shows your overall storage usage. Tap Manage Account Storage or Manage Storage for more details. Below the graph, you see a list of apps and features and how much iCloud storage they use.
Click here – How To Clear Cache On iPad?
Can I Free Up Icloud Storage By Deleting Photos?
Using the Disable & Delete feature
Follow the steps above for managing iCloud storage. Then, select the Photos app from the apps and features list and choose Disable & Delete. This option will delete all the photos from your iCloud account and disable new ones from being stored.
In the above post, I’ve discussed how to clear your iCloud storage. iCloud storage can take up too much space because all your data is stored on it. Deleting unnecessary files or attachments can clear up iCloud storage when you’re out of space. Simply delete content that you’re not using including photos, texts, attachments, folders, files, and more. When you delete a file on one device, it will be deleted on all other devices with the same Apple ID. Make sure you back up the data that you still want before you delete anything. After learning how to clear iCloud storage, you can stop worrying about iCloud storage being full!