How To Clear Google Search History?March 4, 2023
It’s important to learn how to clear Google search history as these days nothing is safe on the web! Selling personal data on the dark web has become very common nowadays. No matter which device you use, it knows a lot about you based on your location and browsing history. It is very easy to erase your search history from your phone and computer. In today’s post, I will teach you how to clear search history on Google. It just takes a few taps/clicks to get rid of your recent or entire search history on Google. You can keep on reading to learn how to clear Google search history.
How To Clear Google Search History?
In this section, I will teach you how to clear Google search history in detail. Clearing search history helps you to delete the list of the websites and pages you’ve visited.
You can follow these steps to learn how to clear Google search history on the computer.
- To start, visit www.myaccount.google.com in a web browser.
- Now, sign in to your Google account in case you’re not signed in.
- From the left menu, select the Data & Personalization category.
- Next, scroll down to the Activity and timeline section.
- Here, click on My Activity.
- Enter your password or two-factor authentication code if required.
- Navigate to the top of the search field.
- Click on the three vertical dots to clear all your Google search history.
- From the drop-down menu, select Delete activity by.
- In the Delete Activity box, select All Time.
- You can now choose which services to delete activity from.
- Or else click on Select All to select all categories.
- Once you are done, click on Next.
- Lastly, click on Delete to delete your Google activity permanently.
You can follow the same procedure if you also want to learn how to clear Google search history on the laptop. However, you can even delete your Google search history individually. Simply scroll through your My Activity page and find the search item you want to delete. Now, go to the three vertical dot menu to select Delete.
Let us now learn how to delete Google search history on a phone.
Clear Google Search History On Phone
Many people mainly use Google from their Android or iOS devices. It is very easy to clear your Google search history on a mobile browser too. In this section, I will teach you how to clear Google search history on mobile.
You can follow these steps to learn how to clear Google search history on iPhone.
- On your iOS device, go to www.myactivity.google.com.
- Over here, you can see all your activities.
- Scroll down to find the activity you want to delete.
- Select the activity you want to delete and tap on Delete X.
Thus, this will help you delete all your individual search history on Google. You can also choose to delete your search history automatically. For this, go to Manage your account >> Data & Privacy >> History Settings >> Tap Auto Delete >> Next >> Confirm.
Note: You can use the same procedure if you want to know how to clear Google search history on your iPad.
You can also delete your Google search history on your Android device. Follow these steps to learn how to clear search history on phone.
- Open the Google app on your Android device.
- Navigate to the top right corner and tap on your Profile picture.
- Select Search History from this menu.
- Now, choose the Search history you want to delete permanently.
- You can choose the option All your Search history.
- Then, tap on Delete and select Delete All Time.
- Or else choose the option A Specific Time Period.
- Then, tap on Delete and choose Delete Custom Range.
- Next, select A Specific Day and tap on Delete All Activity from (day) X.
- You can also select A Specific Activity and tap Delete Activity item X.
You can even set your Search History to auto-delete instead of manually deleting your Google search history. Simply tap on your Profile picture >> Search history >> Controls >> App Activity >> Turn on Auto-delete.
Keep on reading further to learn how to delete history on Google Chrome.
Click here – How To Clear Cache On Facebook?
Clear Search History On Google Chrome
Do not worry, if Google Chrome is your main web browser. You can still clear your Google search history from within the browser. Simply follow these steps to learn how to clear search history on Google Chrome.
- First, open the Chrome web browser on your desktop or laptop.
- From the upper-right corner of the browser, select the three-vertical dot menu.
- From this drop-down menu, select History.
- Then, again select History from the sub-menu.
- Scroll down on the following tab to find the activity you want to delete.
- Once you find it, select the three vertical dots to the right of the selected activity.
- Then, choose Remove from history.
You can even clear all your search history between a specific time. Go back to the History tab>> Clear Browsing Data>> Time Range >> All Time >> Clear Data.
You will get to know more about similar topics like these on Clearchit.
Can You Permanently Delete Google Search History?
Delete your search history in Chrome and Chromium:
Scroll down to Privacy and security, click Clear browsing history. From the time range drop-down menu, select All time. Tick the box for Browsing history, and any other information you want to clear. Click Clear data.
Why Can’t I Clear My Google Search History?
To clear all your Google search history, select the three vertical dots at the top of the screen to the right of the search field, then select Delete activity by. Select All Time in the Delete Activity box. Choose which services to delete activity from, or Select All to select all categories.
Can Anyone See Your History After You Delete It?
Since the confidential history files are actually not gone from your computer after deletion, they can be accessed and recovered by unauthorized parties using free file recovery tools available on the web.
Does Deleting History Really Delete?
Basic. Browsing history: Clearing your browsing history deletes the following: Web addresses you’ve visited are removed from the History page. Shortcuts to those pages are removed from the New Tab page.
Click here – How To Clear Safari History?
How Do I Clear My Search Bar History?
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click History. History.
- On the left, click Clear browsing data.
- Select how much history you want to delete. To clear everything, select All time.
- Check the boxes for the info you want Chrome to clear, including Browsing history. …
- Click Clear data.
Can Anyone See Your History After You Delete It?
Even if you search online using incognito mode or delete your internet search history, your online history is not private. Not only do internet providers still have access to what you look up but the information can be discovered (or subpoenaed) and submitted as evidence in your criminal case.
In the above article, I’ve discussed how to clear my Google search history in detail. We all know that Google keeps an eye on users and stores everything on its server. Your search history shows all pages you’ve visited across all your synced devices. You can delete all or specific search history if you don’t want a record of pages you’ve visited on Google. For this, go to your Google account >> Data & Personalization >> Activity and timeline >> My Activity >> three dots >> Delete activity by. Once you learn how to clear Google search history, you can quickly erase your search history from any device!