Knowing how to clear Google Maps history is important as Google records your every move! Google Maps is widely used to check places and addresses. It collects data and uses it to track recent places you’ve visited, reviewed, share, or searched for. This data can sometimes cause a drop in your device’s operating speed. So, today, I will show you how to clear Google Maps history – Android, iPhone, and desktop. You can easily clear your search history on Google Maps via the website or the mobile app. If you don’t want Google Maps to track your location, let us find out how to clear Google Maps history.
How To Clear Google Maps History?
In this section, I will show you how to clear Google Maps history. One of the fastest ways to clear your Google Maps search history is to access the location history from your Google Account.
You can follow these steps to know how to clear history from Google Maps Chrome.
- On the Chrome web browser, open the Google My Activity website.
- Sign in using your Google Account details.
- Then, select the Web & App activity option from the first page.
- Navigate to the See and Delete Activity section to choose the Google Maps icon.
- This will take you to the Maps Activity page.
- Here, click on the Delete button.
- Choose the deletion time frame from the drop-down menu.
- Now, Google Maps will start deleting your data immediately.
- Once this process is completed, click on OK to confirm.
You can easily do this task on a PC or Mac using Chrome or any other web browser. Keep on reading further to learn more about how to clear history on Google Maps.
Clear Google Maps History On iPhone
The Google Maps app shows up suggestions you don’t intend to return to anytime soon. In this case, you can manually delete your Google Maps search history on your iPhone by yourself. Follow these steps if you want to know how to clear Google Maps history on iPhone.
- On your iOS device, launch the Google Maps app.
- Navigate to the top-right corner of the screen to tap on your Google Profile icon.
- From the pop-up menu, select Settings.
- Scroll down to the Account Settings section to select Maps History.
- This will launch the Maps Activity webpage within the app itself.
- Here, tap on the three-dot menu to the right of the Search bar.
- From the pop-up menu, choose Delete activity by.
- Then, tap on Set up automatic deletions.
- Over here, you can choose to auto-delete activity older than 3, 18, or 36 months.
- Tap on Next after you select the desired option.
- Tap on Done in the top-left corner once you are done.
You can follow the same procedure if you want to know how to clear Google Maps history on iPhone 7 and other iOS versions.
If you’ve already set up this automated process, you can choose the option Choose how long to keep instead. Similarly, you can also clear individual locations from your search history. Simply scroll down to find the specific area you wish to delete.
Let us now check out how to delete recent searches on Google Maps Android.
Click here – How To Clear Other Storage On iPhone?
Clear Google Maps History On Android
The feature of deleting Google Maps history is also available on Android devices. You can follow the same above-explained procedure if you want to know how to clear Google Maps history on Android.
Many people among us prefer to download maps for offline use. The process of deleting offline searches is a little different. You can follow these steps to know how to clear search history in Google Maps offline on Android.
- On your Android device, launch the Google Maps app.
- Navigate to the upper left corner of your screen to choose the Maps menu.
- Here, scroll down to select Offline Maps.
- This will show you the list of saved Offline Maps.
- Scroll down to select the offline map you want to delete.
- Then, tap on the three vertical dots to choose Delete.
Thus, your offline maps searches will be now deleted!
Note: You can use this same method to remove saved maps from Google Maps iPhone.
You will get to know more about similar topics like these on Clearchit.
Why Won’t Google Maps History Delete?
Mobile users will need to access the Settings menu by opening Google Maps and pressing the profile icon > Settings > Map history. From there, tap Auto-delete. Select a time frame from the Auto-delete activity older than drop-down menu and tap Next > Confirm. The setting change will apply across your Google account.
Can You Delete Maps History?
Open the Google Maps app and sign in on your Android phone or tablet. Now tap on your profile picture or initial Account Circle. Then tap on Settings and then on Maps history. Next to the entries, you want to delete, tap on Remove and then Delete.
How Do I Clear My Map History On My iPhone?
Go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services > System Services, then tap Significant Locations. Tap Clear History.
How Do I Remove A Marked Location From Google Maps?
If you want to remove the pin from Google Maps, simply right click on it and select “Remove this destination.” Poof, it’s gone.
Click here – How To Clear Formatting In Excel?
Can You Delete Recent Searches On Google Maps?
Swipe in from the left edge to view the Google Maps menu. Scroll down to and tap Settings. Tap Maps history. You have two options here: You can either select auto-deletion settings or scroll down to delete individual locations from your history.
Why Is Something Not Clearing From My Search History?
It’s possible Content & Privacy Restrictions on your device are keeping you from clearing Safari browsing data. These restrictions are typically used to enforce age limits and protect children from harmful content. Safari’s Clear History and Website Data button is grayed out when restrictions are turned on.
Is Google Going To Delete Location History?
Google will delete location data after people visit abortion clinics, domestic violence shelters and other sensitive locations, the tech giant announced in a blog post Friday. The update “will take effect in the coming weeks,” Jen Fitzpatrick, a senior vice president at Google, wrote in a blog post.
Does Clearing History Delete Everything?
Browsing history: Clearing your browsing history deletes the following: Web addresses you’ve visited are removed from the History page. Shortcuts to those pages are removed from the New Tab page. Address bar predictions for those websites are no longer shown.
In the above post, I’ve explained how to clear search history on Google Maps. Every time you ask Google Maps for directions, Google thinks you might want to keep that search forever. If you don’t need these directions, you can get rid of your Google Maps search history. Clearing Google Maps’ location history erases all the data that Google has saved about where you go. This feature is excellent for privacy-minded people! Remember that deleting your Google Maps history will reset the locations that the app recommends to you. Thus, you can now easily manage your Google Maps app by learning how to clear Google Maps history.