How To Clear Cache On Facebook?November 11, 2022
You must learn how to clear cache on Facebook to help the app run more efficiently! The Facebook app’s cache is a record of the links you’ve clicked or visited within the app. When the Facebook app goes a little crazy, it can be caused due to an overloaded cache. In today’s post, I will focus on how to clear cache on Facebook app and messenger. Clearing cache won’t delete any of your personal data but can speed up the app and your phone. Without wasting much time, let us look at how to clear cache on Facebook to improve your social media experience.
How To Clear Cache On Facebook?
In this section, I will teach you how to clear cache on Facebook. Facebook collects cache to load frequently visited pages in the app. It is a collection of small files that Facebook stores to improve users’ browsing experience.
You can follow these steps to learn how to clear the cache on your Facebook PC.
- Launch Google Chrome on your PC or laptop to start.
- Navigate to the top right corner of the Chrome browser to click on the three-dots menu.
- Scroll down to select More Tools.
- Then, select Clear Browsing Data from the sub-menu.
- Under the Time Range box, select All Time.
- Now, select the Cached images and files checkbox and Cookies and other site data checkbox.
- Click on the Clear Data button at the bottom section of the window.
Thus, that’s how you clear the Facebook cache with your browser. You can follow the same procedure if you want to learn how to clear cache on Facebook Mac. It not only clears cache but also other junk files.
You can keep on reading to know how to clear cache on Facebook on iPhone.
Clear Cache On Facebook iPhone
Most people prefer using the mobile version of Facebook instead of accessing Facebook with a browser. Follow these steps to know how to clear cache on iPhone for Facebook.
- On your iOS app, launch the Facebook app first.
- From the bottom menu bar, tap on the three stacked lines.
- On this page, scroll down to select Settings & Privacy.
- Tap on Settings from the drop-down menu.
- This will bring up Facebook’s Settings & Privacy page.
- Scroll down to the Permissions section.
- Here, tap on Browser.
- Under Browsing Data, tap on Clear.
This will help you to clear your phone’s cookies and caches from websites you’ve visited while using the Facebook mobile app. However, you can follow the same procedure if you want to know how to clear cache on Facebook on an iPad.
Clear Cache On Facebook Android
When your Facebook app is not performing properly, it’s time to delete the Facebook app’s cache. You can follow these steps to know how to clear the cache from your Facebook app on Android.
- On your Android device, go to the Settings app.
- Here, scroll down to select Apps and notifications.
- A list of all installed apps on your device will be displayed.
- Scroll down to select the Facebook app.
- Then, tap on Storage and cache.
- This will show you how much cache is stored on your device while using this app.
- Tap on Clear Cache to delete the Facebook app cache.
Remember that these steps might differ depending on your Android device.
You will get to know more about similar topics like these on Clearchit.
How Do I Empty My Cache On Facebook?
How to clear your Facebook app cache. On your phone, go to Settings–>Apps and notifications–>See all apps and tap Facebook. Open Storage and cache and select Clear cache. If you’re clearing the cache for troubleshooting, you might want to tap Clear data.
What Happens When You Clear Cache On Facebook App?
At times, Facebook power users gather cache in hundreds of MBs. Clearing app cache helps free up storage on your phone. It’s an effective way to free up your phone’s internal memory without deleting apps.
How Do I Clear FB Cache On Iphone?
In the menu, scroll down and select “Settings & Privacy.” Next, tap “Settings.” In Settings, scroll down to the “Permissions” selection and tap “Browser.” Under the “Browsing Data” section, tap the “Clear” button to remove all websites data gathered using Facebook Mobile Browser.
Is It OK To Clear Data On Facebook?
Many users worry that clearing data for Instagram and Facebook apps will delete their accounts. However, that’s not true. You will only be logged out from your accounts on these apps by clearing data. That’s because the data from such social media apps is stored in the cloud and not on your phone.
Will Clearing Cache Delete Anything?
You’ll get some storage space back, but nothing you’ve downloaded will be deleted. Depending on the app, user data such as your preferences or search history may be reset. If your phone is still sluggish after clearing a fishy app’s cache, you might have what is known as bloatware.
In the above post, I’ve explained how to clear Facebook cache on iPhone, Android, Windows 10, and Mac. A Facebook cache is the main reason behind the smooth running of the app for a better user experience. It can cause problems, so it’s good to clear the Facebook cache from time to time for maintaining app performance. Simply open the Facebook app >> Settings & Privacy >> Settings >> Permissions >> Browser >> Clear. Remember that your posts, photos, or data won’t be erased during this process. It is more like deleting your activity on the app. Once you understand how to clear cache on Facebook, you can get rid of Facebook’s temporary data files.